SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
Origin Fields 2018 has a certified stacked lineup with worldwide talent like Cardi B, Khalid, The Kooks, Tash Sultana, Migos, M.I.A, Pendulum and more. This year, Team Origin are giving you the chance to join the lineup and DJ at the festival, in collaboration with Lab Six.
This year there will be TWO opening slots on the “Terminal” stage available, one each day on Dec 30 & 31. Winners will play for the opening 45 minutes, playing alongside the likes of Chase & Status, SASASAS, Whethan, Keys N Krates, Hype & Hazard, The Upbeats, Habstrakt, Space Laces, Infekt / Mvrda /Chibs, Flava D, Mija, Sigma & Virtual Riot.
- Submissions are open from 9am Monday 26th November 2018 until 11:59pm Sunday 9th December 2018.
- Submissions will be required to provide a sample of their mixing.
- Sample mix should be no longer than 20 minutes. If submissions are longer, you will only be judged on the first 20 minutes of the submission.
- Mixes must be your own and be recorded live.
- Shortlist entrants will be chosen from a panel from Origin Fields and Lab Six. The winners will be picked based on their ability to deliver a good mix suitable for the stage and opening set time.
- Shortlist entrants agree to provide the mp3 sample mix to Origin Fields for the purpose of uploading to the festival Soundcloud page (with full credit given to the DJ).
- Minimum of 5x shortlist entrants will be chosen for both days for public vote.
- 2x Prizes will be awarded consisting of an opportunity to perform at Origin Fields 2018.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Those awarded set times at the are required to:
- Prove you can mix live on Pioneer Nexus equipment at an arranged session hosted at Lab Six.
- Use their own headphones for their set time.
- No controllers are to be used, they must mix on the Pioneer Nexus gear supplied by Origin Fields.
- Behave responsibly and professionally and comply with the rules and requests that the event organisers ask of you.
- Find their own transportation to Origin Fields 2018 at Langley Park.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- No replacement will be offered in the event that the prize cannot be claimed on the stipulated dates.
Lab Six is an Electronic Music Production & DJ Training Centre based in Perth, Western Australia offering professional tuition in the industry of DJ’ing and Electronic Music Production, catering to students of all ages and capabilities. Their experienced instructors teach tailored Lab Six courses to groups and individuals using the latest equipment in a friendly and professional environment.
With a focus on practical, hands on learning, students are encouraged to reach their creative potential by providing a diverse curriculum encompassing all styles of music. Located in the heart of Perth, Lab Six provides a creativity focused space for aspiring artists to learn, collaborate and evolve.